May 11, 2012

Tuna Burgers


Ingredients

4 tbs. minced red pepper
6 scallions
3 cans tuna
2 tbs. of dijon
zest of 1/4 a lemon
1/2 c. bread crumbs or panko
1-2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
buns, lettuce, tomato, mustard, cheese, etc.



1. Cut up all vegetables and place in a large bowl.
 2. Combine tuna, dijon, egg and bread crumbs in the bowl with the vegetables. Make sure you drain the tuna really well, otherwise the center of your burgers will be really mushy. 

3.  I chose to cook the burgers in a pan, but the oven would work just as well. I'm not sure if they would stand up to a true grill, but I bet a George Foreman would do the trick. I cooked these for about 5-10 minutes on each side.
Try as I might, I have serious issues making sweet potato fries. Most likely because I keep trying to make them in the over instead of a deep fryer. Instead I buy my fries from the freezer section, so far Alexia has been my favorite brand.





No comments: